v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Also a new user recently migrated from artwork downloader leveraging estuarymod v2.   

Artwork Beef is working great and i cleared and refreshed the artwork for my collection, followed by caching everything with texturecache.py.   I like that the reference to everything is stored in the DB and there is no need for an 'extrafanart' folder, but it has a side-effect that I was hoping someone could assist me with.   

I had been using artwork downloader, then occasionally exported my library to separate files using kodi.    With artwork beef, this has the following effect (I think, may not be 100%):
  1. Artwork identified via plugin is added to texture13.db with url (internet) reference
  2. artwork is cached via whatever means (browsing kodi, texturecache.py, etc)
  3. I export the video library to store the artwork with the videos, which creates movie-fanart??.jpg (so far so good)
    in this example lets say there is 5 pieces of fanart
  4. I rerun artwork beef at a later time, all URL references i are replaced with local references (SMB path in my case) (also good)
  5. Additionally, artwork identified in #1 (above) is identified as 'new' or additional and added to the texture13.db
  6. repeat #2
  7. I export the library again, and the artwork is exported, but as there is now duplicate references to the same artwork, fanart 6-10 is created although they are duplicates of 1-5.  
I know this is not strictly an artwork beef issue, but wanted to see of there are any thoughts on a better approach to storing the identified artwork with the media.  

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by wallacebw - 2017-11-07, 14:55
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5