v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-10-05, 21:43)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Still unsure why these extra arts aren’t built into Kodi proper with an option to use them or not. Especially for just local art.
(2018-10-08, 00:33)rmrector Wrote: Kodi 18 has had the ability to add the extra art from scrapers or NFO files for most video library items for most of the year. The work has been done for local files for months, but Team Kodi doesn't like the way it is configured and won't offer any suggestions or direction beyond "wrong approach".
Sorry about the lack of progress on your PR, all I can say is that the "wrong approach" view point is not held by the whole team. Also anyone raising a PR has to persistently and yet patiently and politely fight for it, no matter how unhelpful some team members may be. No one will notice it lurking and no one has individual responsibility to repond or give useful guidence. It would be nice if they did, but often this isn't the case. Is it a bad way to treat contributors, yes I think it is crap, but there simply aren't enough devs with sufficient knowledge, skills and spare time.

If I can motivate myself (working on Kodi is draining even with the "advantages" on being a team member) I am hoping to make the music equivalent (that is in v18) configurable via GUI settings in v19, maybe get this whole thing done for video too then too. Unfortunately I don't have much to do with video lib, art or scraping so don't feel that I can push the intermediate step for video now.

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by DaveBlake - 2018-10-08, 18:31
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5