v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
@rmrector 
Quote:Sorry I made you doubt your sanity
No problem and always happy.
I came to my destination and we also discovered a bug, what more could we ask for  Laugh
Quote:2. The options for "extrafanart" directories should always be available. The workaround MB1968 mentioned will work in the meantime.
For a brief summary:

I am now speaking purely of the "process items to libarry" function and in not of any download from webservices.

What do I want to achieve?
I want the extrafanarts of the extrafanarts folder process/read into the libarry
Why?
Cause to use multiimage in kodi with via fadelabel control instead of ListItem.Path
(Yes I read your wiki, but I have to do it more often because it is not my native language)

And yes i know it's intented to use it that the files should be without subfolder nearby the main fanart (fanart1, fanart2,...) but i have to wait until the Media Managers add that feature
(and I am finally able to write a script to transfer all extrafanarts from extrafanarts folder to parent folder with adding moviebasefilename- prefix)

I brought it together, but I want you to confirm it again from your side. I tried for hours, it was really trial and error. In order to achieve this, I had to press the following buttons, no more and no less:

SAVE MUSIC VIDEO ARTWORK WITH MUSIC VIDEO BASE FILE NAME
- as we allready discussed, a little bug, only when push this button the following important button becomes visible:
SAVE ADDIDIONAL MOVIE AND TV SHOW FANART TO EXTRAFANART DIRECTORY INSTEAD
- okay, since I finally got the button to visible, it was completely logical that was the right, I have to activate.
IDENTIFY ALTERNATE ARTWORK DOWNLOADER AND MSAA ARTWORK FILE NAMES
- I came very late that this button is also to activate. In my understanding, this only applies to the old naming conventions (disc.png, logo.png, character.png) But that also affects the extrafanart folder, i have to figure it out first.

Did I summarize this correctly?

Offtopic question: Everything works for me now. I have named my extrafanarts according to kodi convention fanart0-9.jpg.
Would this also work if the files in extrafanart folder have different random names? (8rqJB3Nc2z5q0T6ZVXRXbAsQRGV.jpg)
Does it pick ub by if files are there + how are named (fanart0-9.jpg), or
only pick ub by files are there (random named)
I have no Intenion to change anything, its perfect for me, I'm just curious how this works to help other members with their setup in the future.

_______

Everything works for me now. However, I noticed something serious in the process items to libarry behavior:

When i set the counter of fanarts to 10:

and then click on add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between)
it's picking up all -> main fanart+fanart0-9 = in kodi main fanart+fanart1-10

all ok (but the counter is 10, but it's pickung up all fanart+fanart0-9=11?)

But when i make the same via context menu ADD MISSING ARTWORK:
it's picking main fanart+fanart0-8.jpg = in kodi main fanart+fanart1-9 (fanart10 is further displayed as a point but remains empty)

____

But when i increase the counter from 10 to 11:
Then in both variants:
add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between) and also via context menu ADD MISSING ARTWORK, all fanarts are there
(& although the counter has been raised no additional slot will be shown -> logical for me (counter is now 11) cause main fanart+fanart0-9 = in kodi fanart+fanart1-10
but not logical on first example when counter is 10, but on add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between) its pickung fanart+fanart0-9=11 but on context menu ADD MISSING ARTWORK pickung fanart+fanart0-8=10 (but the next slot fanart10 is shown)

Conclusion:
I hope you could follow me.
I have now set the counter to 11 (i think thats the how you intend it should work on my setup [fanart+fanart0-9=11], but the first scenario is serious) There is also no additional empty slot added. So it suits me so far.

I have tested this several times. Can you reproduce that?

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by chrissix666 - 2019-02-20, 22:04
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5