WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-03-31, 11:56)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 00:53)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: I renamed my trailer files to "theme.ext" for an addon in kodi and everything works beautifully. I ran ember, updated the expert naming for trailers to "theme" and after rescanning the library it all seemed good. I went back to rescan a movie's nfo only and noticed that down in the bottom left of the window where the filename and location is, it was pointed to theme.ext. Looked at the entire list and about 25% are pointed to theme file instead of the movie file.

So, I went back and changed the available theme extensions and added .mkv/avi/mp4/mov/webm to the list, rescanned and still no go. I added the following to the advanced settings.xml file:
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">theme</Setting>

tried again, still sees theme.ext as the movie. Anything else I can try?? Huh

*EDIT* Also, for the files that it sees the theme.ext as the movie, if you refresh metadata or rescrape nfo it will save theme.ext as a copy <filename>.ext resulting in two trailer files.

You need a trailer as theme.ext?!? A theme is not a trailer, a theme is a sound file of movie/tv show theme. Sounds like a crappy addon... but anyway...

First, you have to add/replace this line in AdvancedSettings.xml (works only in latest 1.4.8.0 Alpha or higher):
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">theme|trailer|sample</Setting>

- reset the "Valid Theme Extensions" back to defaults. You can't use the Theme system for Trailers in Ember.
- add "theme" to Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => Expert => Single/Multi/VIDEO_TS/BDMV => Trailer
- disable Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => File Naming => Kodi Defaults => Trailer to no longer save a trailer as <filename>-trailer.ext (attention: this means that Kodi no longer recognizes the trailers!)

LOL, I'm very well aware what themes are. Videotunes addon allows autoplay of video/music theme files. Basically just avoiding having to go into context menu or video info to play the trailer. So, I changed the names of the trailers to theme so the addon will pick it up and play the trailer after about 20 seconds of sitting at that movie in the menu. Probably the best addon available for some of my much more tech illiterate clients Laugh

1. Does the code have to be EXACTLY like that, or can I remove trailer and sample? (That's what I already did, but will try yours as well.) Is there anywhere specific I need to place this, or anywhere inside of the header/footer?
2. Already done before posting.
3. Already done before posting.

I am currently in the process of scanning a new database and will report back, but I have a feeling this still won't change it.

*EDIT* Ok, tried your code, removed 10 movies that detect theme as the movie and did update library. Still sees theme. I went into ember folder and deleted Myvideos37.emm, re-added my source, scanned and STILL sees theme as the movie. It's really weird that it's a portion of my movies and not all of them. Also, the trailers will still save a copy as <filename>.ext.

*EDIT* So, I figured a workaround for now would be to set the ignore video files that are a certain size. Unfortunately my smallest film is 163mb, so I'll need to delete any and all themes that are larger than that. No biggie I guess, trailers don't really need to be that big anyways Tongue Please let me know if you come up with a fix for this!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by Fail$tyle420 - 2016-03-31, 16:50
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2