WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-03-26, 23:52)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 23:18)DanCooper Wrote: Know problem for users that use backup software. Will be "fixed" resp. opimized in next alpha. ATM there are only two ways if something has to be saved in DB: save only to DB or (re-)save all files to disc.
I've to check the other issue with <dateadded> / <datemodified>.

Thanks Dan for your feedback!

I guess that also the issue of deleting from the disc some actors images when updating the rating of a TV show (and re-save again the missing images when updating the rating for every single episode) is part of the same problem, right?

In addition, it seems that season posters are just re-saved on the disk even if nothing is updated.

I will wait for the next alpha then. I'm not an expert but I guess it should just re-write the nfo file in case no images are involved in the update.

Thanks again.
Do you have saved all your episodes directly in the tv show folder (same .actor folder for tv show and episodes)?

Again, all images, trailers, themes and NFOs will be resaved even if they don't have changed. The reason for that is: there is only one trigger: "need save to disc" and "don't save to disc".
Next Alpha version has more triggers and saves only content to disc, if it was enabled while scraping. But I still don't proof if the content has been changed or not.

(2017-03-27, 01:36)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: So do i need the seperate NFO in my movie set folder any more?

If the plot is not displaying in the skin is it a skin issue? Using mq7 as my skin.

Is sync smart enough to know to try not to sync anything if no changes have been made?

If I am using the trakt addon in kodi, is it going to create any watch state issues if i dont tell ember to grab status from trakt before sync?

No, you don't need the movie set NFO.

The problem is: Kodi only read the plot if the movie set is not already existing in Kodi's DB. If a movie set already exists, Kodi only link a new or refreshed movie to the existing database entry. Also ATM our Kodi Interface is not able to sync plot for movie sets. I hope that will be available in next Alpha.

To only way to get the movie set plot into Kodi is:
- remove each movie set in Kodi, incl. all movies of this set (you have to remove the set, not only the movie, otherwise it's needed to run a DB cleanup to remove the emtpy movie sets in DB)
- rescrape all movie sets in Ember, e.g. "Plot only" to write to plot to movie NFO (at this point the KI should re-add all your movies to Kodi incl. movie set plot)

Use Tools => Trakt.tv Manager => Get watched movies => Save playount to database to sync your watched state before you change something on the movie sets.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by DanCooper - 2017-03-27, 09:59
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2