WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Hi Dan,

It is me again...Angel

I'm actually putting my hands on the Rate Update add-on in order to extend it to update also the TV Show Episodes rating and votes (actually, in fact, rating and votes are updated only at the TV Show level). The add-on uses IMDd site as source and thereore the knowledge of the IMDd id of the Movie/TV Show/Episode (e.g. tt3429842) is fundamental to have an efficient management, especially in case of huge collections. You would actually asking yourself what can EMM do in relation to this...well, as a starting point, EMM stores the IMDb id for all the mentioned contents; the point is that it uses "proprietary" tags.

The format used by Kodi to save the ids for a Movie is completely aligned with the one used by EMM:

Kodi format
Code:
<id>tt2245084</id>
<uniqueid type="unknown" default="true">tt2245084</uniqueid>

EMM format
Code:
<id>tt2245084</id>
<tmdb>12144</tmdb>

Passing to the TV Show and Episode the way how the ids are saved changes; while Kodi uses the same format of a Movie (id and uniqueid), EMM does as reported hereafter:

EMM format for TV Show
Code:
<id>305288</id>
<imdb>tt4574334</imdb>
<tmdb>66732</tmdb>

EMM format for Episode
Code:
<uniqueid>5468124</uniqueid>
<imdb>tt4593118</imdb>
<tmdb>1198665</tmdb>

Would it be possible to have implemented the same approach used for a Movie also for TV Show and Episode (i.e. use <id> to save the IMDb id and <tmdb> to save the TMDB id; the latter will be anyway ignored by Kodi)?

This request is because the add-on uses the field <id> retrieved from the Kodi Movie/TV Show libraries. At the first run, since the IMDb id is practically not available (being stored in the field <imdb> that Kodi does not store), it performs an exhaustive search on the IMDb site based on the TV Show title, taking some time, providing a window to select the correct TV Show and, finally, store in a local database the IMDb id paired with the <id>. You can imagine what this would be in case of Episodes...

I really hope you can make such modifications. I don't think it will imply some issue on EMM side. Please send me a PM in case you would like to share with me a test .exe of EMM so that I will be able to progress on the add-on code.

Looking forward for your collaboration.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by axlt2002 - 2017-04-07, 18:04
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2