WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-09-28, 00:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-09-26, 18:03)shaktoo Wrote: Dan... I have developed issues with Ember.
Initially there was the imdb issue as i was using it to srape even TV Shows but it was missing lot of info and then stopped work altogether , I have updated from Git the latest but had to go back to tmdb scraping.
but what i have noticed now is that its just taking soo long to even do a simple task like editing an nfo, then it says task manager running and can take for upto 15 minutes ...scraping is soo painfully slow that I haven't been able to use ember. Also its starting to throw some SQL database errors ?
I am uploading the log

http://www.filedropper.com/2017-09-26

The Other issue is with command line scraping .The scrpits run and ember loads up but dosent scrape anything , no movie scraping and certainly not the tv shows ?
Please Help.

Thx for the log.
One thing I've seen is that the scraper tries to get the plot from tha page "http://akas.imdb.com/title/0759364/plotsummary". That's wrong, the "tt" in front of the IMDB ID is missing. I think that's a bug.
Another error I've seen is a crash while parsinf the "Forced Title". That's also a bug that I've to check.

The SQL error is something that happens if the task manager is still running while you start another database function that is not handled by the task manager atm. This issues should be fixed after one of the next releases.

IMDB tv show scraper:
It's just horrible... I will remove the season and episode scraping in the next release and reduce the scraper to tv show information and episode rating only. IMDB has different episode numbers thanTVDB and TMDB in many cases. So the "comparer/combiner" of the multiple scraped data can't get a proper result and will discard the results. Also it so fu**ing slow to get all the data for a tv show. I think it's not really a difference if you get the episode information from IMDB, TMDB or TVDB. IMO the IMDB episode rating is the only thing that has a big difference from TVDB or TMDB.

Thanks Dan !

Messages In This Thread
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by shaktoo - 2017-09-28, 18:47
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2