WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-03-10, 15:45)wrxtasy Wrote: Have you tried an External Media Scraper and putting Movies and TV series in individual folders with their associated Metadata on a fast NAS or HDD ?

With a large media library it really is the only way to get organised. Makes the Library very Portable then as well to any Kodi device and does not limit your choice of Hardware options. You can easily clone it as well.

I too learnt that lesson a few years back after running into issues such as yours, roll up the sleeves and put the work in and do regular maintenance to stay on top of the expanding Library. You won't regret it.

I use the popular MediaElch, further discussion on that should go to this thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136333

I haven't as i did not think it would make any difference to the RAM issues. Currently everything resides on my N54L with openelec using the default scrapers + mysql. It's also used for playback as well as other clients in the house.

As HDD space isn't an issue and everything get's scraped correctly I didn't think I would have any benefit from an external media manager.

I'd be happy to do the maintanence if this can make a difference as now even my nvidia shield tv is starting to struggle scrolling through the library of posters as it eats up RAM for fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek's ** New ** AMLogic Mediaplayers - 2016 - CabSat - Dubai - by ianuk2005 - 2016-03-10, 16:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11