WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
I will ask WeTek directly for updated information on the Play2 / 2S boxes and post dates and updated information in the one spot in Post #1.
Splitting the Play2 and Play2S into separated sections will be needed as well I can see, now the Play2S is delayed.

That will save a lot of repeated questions being asked I would think.

(2016-06-22, 19:51)pyrodex Wrote: So if the Play2s won't have anything more ground breaking than the Play2 it looks like the different between the HUB and the Play2 is more USB ports and Tuners on the PLAY2, AC WIFI on the HUB right? They list S905-H but does the HUB have the VER-C 905?
I believe the Play 2S is in a state of Flux, ie subject to Tech changes.
It will be WeTeks's premium product with a bunch of special sauce and top spec ingredients stuffed into it I'm told. Wink

Yes the Hub has AC WiFi, see the seperate Hub thread as that has all the verified Tech Specs.

Quote:Since I use MythTV and if the HUB comes with a native IR that will work with LibreELEC the only reason I would use the USB would be for a keyboard/mouse combo that I can think of and the WIFI isn't a big deal since I prefer wired. Does the HUB sound like it would work to replace my AMD A6-3500 APU so I can bitstream HD audio codecs on my 5.1 setup?
The last few days i've been testing out the Dual Boot Android / OpenELEC setup on the Hub and watching TV with the TvHeadend Add-On client. TV streams coming from a seperate TvHeadend server, and even over WiFi - 1080i streams play perfectly fine both with OpenELEC Kodi and Android Kodi. I feed my TV AC3 5.1 Audio passthrough over HDMI. It all works. Android Kodi and OpenELEC Kodi is pretty damn snappy !

I also have 7.1 True HD and DTS-HD MA/HRA passthrough already working on a very similar S905 device called the ODROID C2. It will be a no brainer to get HD Audio up and running with OE / LE on the Hub as well. 7.1 HD Audio already works on the Hub when using the Android WeTek (Kodi) Jarvis mediaplayer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek's ** New ** AMLogic Mediaplayers - 2016 - Play2 - Streamer - HUB - by wrxtasy - 2016-06-23, 03:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11