Release igConq - A Conq mod for Krypton
igConq v17 for Krypton - codename 'Not Dead Yet' - A simple, clean and not-so-light mod of Conq for Kodi v17.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates the pure simplicity of Hitcher's wonderful Conq. As he, quite understandably, is spending his time with other projects at the moment, I've decided to make available my own Conq mod.

Please do not try running the skin on older versions of Kodi as there are significant changes to the skinning engine in Krypton. If you do you may find that you are stuck with the skin as the settings pages will not work, so I would recommend deleting the skin from your system in this case - Kodi will then revert to Confluence when you next start it.

Latin derivation:

For those interested, both the original skin name 'Conq' and the addition I've made 'Ig' have the origin in latin and, together, probably say more about this skin that anything I can.

'Ig': Not
'Conq': Searched for, procured.

Or, to put it all together - and this seems strangely apt with the recent resurgence in the Star Wars franchise, the 'IgConq Skin' almost literally translates as 'This is not the skin you are looking for.'

Notes:

a) This is a mod of Conq. It doesn't work or look exactly the same as the original, but hopefully keeps alive the spirit of the skin.
b) It's a personal mod - I'm very happy to hear bug reports, but feature requests will only be considered if I like the idea and they keep with the original spirit of Conq

Most notable within the skin is a new default font and background, and a new 'cross-bar' home screen style. As regards the font and background, I just like them. As regards the home screen, it tries to create a Conq-esque version of the current trend of your media having priority on the home screen. The cross-bar design relegates your main menu items to a 'hub' when you have a widget selected, accessibly by pressing up (or left/down from vertical/horizontal menus), along with your submenus and as many additional widgets as you like. The original fonts and home screen can be selected from Appearance.

Known Issues:

a) See notes above
b) There is a known Kodi issue where widgets will disappear if the page they are on is closed before they have loaded. If you experience disappearing widgets, reload the skin to get them to show up again.
c) Whilst I keep up with the Krypton changes as much as possible, there will be times where there are breaking changes to Krypton that I haven't incorporated yet. The changelog (below) states the date of the last Krypton changes I incorporated.

Screenshots, highlighting the important stylistic changes:

watch gallery

Repository:

igConq - and any necessary dependancies not on the repo - is hosted on my own repo.

Download link

Source code can be found on git here.

Requires:

Latest git version of script.skinshortcuts is required - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts - if installing from the repo, this will be updated automatically

Changelog:

Code:
17.2.2. (1st November 2016)
- Restore alt home screen colors; overlay colour picker
- Actually restore original font
- Minor fixes

17.2.1  (29th November 2016)
- Fix wide view
- Restore original fonts and dark colour scheme
- Minor fixes

17.2.0  (28th November 2016)
- Rebase skin on OSMC skin