Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-12-12, 16:37)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 16:24)KILLERNADS Wrote: The problem with Kodi 17 is the passthrough audio right? Isn't the reason why i had to install SPMC on my shield because the Kodi 17 from the play store didn't work with everything, it was missing Atmos etc... I can't exactly remember what the issues were now as this was back at the begining of the year, but i had to install SPMC for these issues with the general Kodi release!!!

Are you now saying that i should switch from SPMC to the latest Kodi from the playstore on my shield, and then i will have both the shield and windows 10 device in sync again? More importantly, i won't be missing anything from the SPMC build on my Shield with the Kodi install?

Thanks

It was Kodi 16 with the issues, but I'm not the best suited to highlight all the differences between SPMC and the Kodi 17 beta. They're both great, I just prefer Kodi 17 at this moment. I haven't have a problem with 17 and passthrough audio (thanks @fritsch - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735), so you can try it out and see what you think. You can have both SPMC and Kodi on your Shield (and I do).

okay thank you, I'm pretty sure that the difference between Kodi and SPMC was the passthrough audio. If this has been fixed with the latest Kodi release then i will try to install that, copy my user data folder across to it, and start using that, so that it will also be compatible with my windows 10 3d MVC build.

The problem though is that my database will be out of date by 8 months as SPMC was only used in those past months. I do have a trakt.tv account that marks things as watched etc,, so that might help somewhat but a lot of the database will need work to get it up to scratch. As i have a huge number of files.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by KILLERNADS - 2016-12-12, 19:16
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10