Flying Thumnails
(2016-04-06, 18:29)wyrm Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 01:19)HiroProtagonist Wrote: Unfortunately enabling the 'lowspec' setting turns off the 'Broadcast' option which I use, so I'd really like a way to just disable the animation.
No, sorry mate that is not the case. The only place that setting is used is the video list view, I would say that the turning off of the Broadcast menu was just a coincidence. Broadcast menu will on the other hand not show if there is no TV or Radio channels available.
I think this must be a bug then. I enabled the 'lowspec' setting, showed the 'no animation' feature to my wife, and then realised 'Broadcast' was gone from the Home screen. I went back in and turned off 'lowspec' & broadcast re-appeared as soon as I re-started Kodi.

Quote:
Quote:The on-screen keyboard has wraparound when you cursor to the extreme left & right on the top 2 rows, but not on the lower rows. It would be easier to use if it wrapped around on all rows, plus on cursor up & down as well.
Will check but that sounds like a bug. There should be no wrap around anywhere on the Keyboard. The no wrap around idea is something I have tried to implement thru out the skin as I find that is can confuse some users if a wrap occurs when they weren't expecting it.
OK, I wonder if that could be made optional? The Kodi keyboard is a massive PITA compared to the much more usable XBMC layout [whoever thought
mimicking a hardware keyboard was a good idea?], no wraparound at all would make using it so cumbersome I think I'd change skins.

Quote:
Quote:When the screensaver is activated, you still get pop-up alerts for events, but the text is invisible.
Again will check it out, but that sounds like a Kodi bug to me. I have no control over the screensavers and the text of the alerts are all generated by Kodi (again I have no control over that), so it sounds like Kodi is trying to bring up a alert window but has not put any text into the text field because the screensaver is displayed. I would normally suggest you enable debug logging and post a debug log, but it sounds like it only happens fairly rarely. If you do decide to try to catch one of these events and manage it, post a link to the debug log here are I will see if I can spot anything.
This is not specifically an alert issue - if the screen dims while on the Home screen for instance, the menu text under the current cursor position becomes invisible, which is not a problem in itself, but the alert text appears to be a manifestation of the same issue.
Quote:
Quote:I don't seem to get an alert message if the PVR backend is unreachable - is there a way to enable this?
Sorry no idea, don't run PVR here. But it is a PVR problem not a skin problem, so you would need to ask in the PVR sections of the forum to have any hope of an answer.
I just noticed it because these alerts do appear if I'm using a different skin.
Quote:
Quote:When you cursor over an episode in the PVR, the episode start & end times are shown, but the 'end time' is always the current time. Also I think it would be much more useful to show the recording date rather than the start & end times.
Once again, will take a look but not sure if the PVR subsystem even gives me access to that field at that location. Most of us skin writers don't have PVR systems so we quite often have to code this section of our skins pretty well blind. That and the PVR sub system has in the past been a little brittle, so if it ain't broke don't fix it can be the order of the day (because if you try to fix it you are just as likely to break it further). I understand things have improved greatly, but old lessons die hard
Once again, this is something that I noticed when changing to this skin.

Messages In This Thread
Flying Thumnails - by Tomjrob - 2016-04-03, 16:56
RE: Flying Thumnails - by HiroProtagonist - 2016-04-04, 07:04
RE: Flying Thumnails - by wyrm - 2016-04-05, 04:17
RE: Flying Thumnails - by HiroProtagonist - 2016-04-06, 01:19
RE: Flying Thumnails - by wyrm - 2016-04-06, 18:29
RE: Flying Thumnails - by HiroProtagonist - 2016-04-07, 00:55
RE: Flying Thumnails - by lizard-king - 2016-04-07, 12:17
RE: Flying Thumnails - by wyrm - 2016-04-11, 15:38
RE: Flying Thumnails - by HiroProtagonist - 2016-04-11, 01:42
RE: Flying Thumnails - by Tomjrob - 2016-04-04, 23:24
RE: Flying Thumnails - by Tomjrob - 2016-04-05, 23:55