v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-02, 14:37)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-02, 14:08)outcave Wrote: Thanks. And "in the meantime" is not better to revert to LibreELEC 2.2.x also for latest versions and latest builds of LibreELEC with Kodi 17.0?
Consider that not only Hide.me could use a certificate that will expire after year 2038....
LibreSSL seem to not be so interested to solve this issue, as you can read he says: "You need to actually fix this at the operating system level."

You mean LibreSSL 2.3.0, as this problem seems to have been introduced in LibreSSL 2.3.1.

For the time being, the answer is "no" as we're not going to stay on an outdated version of LibreSSL with potential security issues simply because certificate authorities are issuing certificates that expire in more than 22 years from now - they could easily use a more realistic date that avoids this issue.

While I agree it's a troubling issue, it's not one that (right now, IMHO) justifies ignoring all future updates of LibreSSL. This is an issue for LibreSSL to resolve, assuming they intend to, otherwise they may as well drop support for all 32-bit operating systems (on Linux, at least).

I guess the attitude of LibreSSL stems from their BSD origin as OpenBSD supports 64-bit time_t on all hardware (apparently), while Linux (on 32-bit hardware) does not.

and then I remain screwed ....
Smile
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by outcave - 2016-09-02, 15:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19