v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-10-12, 17:18)drdwridav Wrote: Hi Popcornmix,
Meant to ask, can you envisage any other problems with the higher mute period I've now set? Have to say I've had a good play now and it seems pretty flawless!
Thanks for your help

It will take longer for the kodi side of the hdmi mode change to complete (by an extra third of second) which probably results in playback taking a fraction longer to start.
As you found with some of the higher settings, if this takes too long (I think 1 second) the configure times out and video plays in the background.

That's why I'm a little reluctant to change this for everyone. If I hear more reports like yours I'll be more inclined to change it, but there is a (very small) performance cost to this change.

Assuming the problem is really specific to your TV, then a local config.txt setting is probably the right solution.
If evidence emerged that it affects multiple TVs then we may want to do something else.

One option is to use the shorter mute period for normal 2D changes and only use the longer mute period when switching between 2D and 3D modes.

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by popcornmix - 2016-10-12, 17:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19