v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-10-14, 09:40)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-10-14, 09:10)woronczak Wrote: Hi guys. Is there a way to stop Libreelec from trying to update on boot (with a loaded update folder)? Key combination or something.

(I put a recent update file in the update folder and rebooted, now tries to update, but after checking the first two files, it crashes - doesn't even get to updating the files and won't boot after that).

Thanks in advance

No, you'll need to mount the SD card in a PC that supports ext4 in order to remove the file from the /storage/.update folder.

However the Pi should not be crashing so you really need to fix the cause of the instability. If you're overclocked then disable all overclock options (rename config.txt to config.txt.bak in a Windows PC and the Pi will boot using only default settings). It could be insufficient power, in which case try a better power supply.

Assuming it's not really a crash but an error of some kind, there might be a problem with the FAT partition of the SD card - try a different SD card.

Thanks Milhouse.

"Crashing" was perhaps a poor choice of words. It has been working happily for probably 6 months or more - just the problem with attempting the update today (which I have done many times before) - possible the download was corrupted or something. It just stops and presents a "pi" prompt. I was hoping to see if I could resurrect this installation before giving up and starting again - fingers crossed (or otherwise will go with a new sd card).

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by woronczak - 2016-10-14, 09:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19