v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-10-26, 15:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 13:00)bleep42 Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 00:56)mikeb8591 Wrote: #1025 is still broken wrt audio/video progressively further out of sync when I play back recordings.

Still see all three (s/w, omx, and mmal) modes broken and unusable.

Hi Mike,
I've tried your sample file from a while back and if I have "Sync playback to display" set ON it plays perfectly, if I have it turned OFF the sound is out of sync with the video.
The setting is under "Player Settings" "Videos". No idea why this might be? @popcornmix. Give it a try.
It does look like it's using SW decoding and on my Pi3 is using approx %50 on all four cores, so would probably struggle on anything lower Pi1 definately Pi2 don't know, might cope.
Regards, Kevin.

With default settings and an MPEG-2 codec licence I see no sync issues with the clip with either MMAL or omxplayer.
Without an MPEG-2 codec licence MMAL/omxplayer can't be used so it does software decode.
Software decode with advanced deinterlace is too slow hence the out-of-sync or dropped frames . Switching off deinterlace or switching to bob deinterlace fixes the issue.

Is that the situation you guys are seeing?

Hi Popcornmix,
Personally I don't have any problems, my setup works better than I ever hoped, so thanks. :-)
I have tried the sample again, with "Sync playback to display" set OFF which on my (overclocked)Pi3 makes the sound go out of sync.
If I then change deinterlace to either OFF or MMAL-Advanced(half) or MMAL-Bob(half) the file does play back fine.
If I use Auto or MMAL-Advanced or MMAL-Bob, the sound goes out of sync.
So it sounds from your comments above that this is to be expected with software decoding, in which case it might be worth Mike splashing out £2.40 (say $3) on a MPEG-2 licence because that same test file plays fine on my Pi1 with a licence.
Thanks Popcornmix. :-)
Regards, Kevin.

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by bleep42 - 2016-10-26, 16:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19