v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-11-12, 15:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 14:43)Vimes Wrote: Sadly enabling sync playback to display no longer seems to enable DTS audio pass-through for sound.

That is expected. "Sync playback to display" uses resampling of audio to adjust the playback speed to match the video which is incompatible with passthrough.
You can also enable "PLL adjustment to maintain audio sync" which attempts to do this without resampling which does allow passthrough,
but the amount of adjustment possible is less so it is possible this won't work satisfactorily (e.g. trying to adjust 24fps video to 50Hz display).
[/quote]

Thanks I wasn't aware of that compromised solution. I might try it out .

(2016-11-12, 16:02)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 14:43)Vimes Wrote: The randomness of the the picture freezing but the sound continuing makes it hard to determine what it could be. We can be watching for ages and nothing will happen and then the picture pauses for a few seconds whilst the sound continues but after that few seconds the picture then catches up.
Sadly enabling sync playback to display no longer seems to enable DTS audio pass-through for sound.
It didn't use to happen but again due to the randomness it is hard to remember when it did start.

Yes indeed. I have been trying to get something repeatable so that this could be investiated deeper, but it is illusive. Does seem to be both settings and video dependant though, just not exactly sure what combination.

I too have been trying to find something repeatable, like you note. As yet I haven't been able to. Last night it happened, the video paused for a few seconds and the audio continued and then the video starts starts back up, jumping to be in sync with the sound.
For ages I thought that it was kinda unique to my system as I searched for "pauses" and not "stutter". I'm not drawing comfort that others can be affected but perhaps that might increase the chances of one of us capturing a meaningful log for the Devs to look at.

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Vimes - 2016-11-12, 19:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19