v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-05-28, 08:56)DaveBlake Wrote: A use case is for similar reasons to seeing just album artists rather than all the song artists, reducing clutter. Say you had tagged so that most tracks have a composer, you may not always want to see all of them but just the primary ones e.g. those that are also album artists. This works particularly well when also combined with a genre filter - a way to see the classical album composers not jumbled with conductors and orchestras etc.

But I am open to feedback. Maybe the default behaviour should be albumartistsonly=false regardless of the global setting?

At the moment the only way to adjust what is seen is using custom nodes, perhaps an easier UI is needed? Initially I guess a clear wiki explantaion or tutorial video will have to suffice.

I used the official library node editor, and that works but maybe not that easy for a typical user. I suppose a lot depends on what prior conventions users have for managing classical. For my part, I used "artist" for composer and "album artist" for orchestra - conductor and with the new tags don't have as much a need for those any more. I suppose I could use "album artists" hints in which case I guess "compilation artists only" would still be useful.

I am finding working with "composer" to be an issue. I think the only way to get a grouping or filter for classical composers is by getting the strGenres field set in the artist db table. That is a tedious process.

scott s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by scott967 - 2016-05-31, 01:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1