v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
Thanks for more feedback Scott.
(2016-05-31, 01:47)scott967 Wrote: I used the official library node editor, and that works but maybe not that easy for a typical user. I suppose a lot depends on what prior conventions users have for managing classical. For my part, I used "artist" for composer and "album artist" for orchestra - conductor and with the new tags don't have as much a need for those any more. I suppose I could use "album artists" hints in which case I guess "compilation artists only" would still be useful.
Yes prior user approach to tagging classical does make a difference, but it is quite diverse so almost impossible to allow for.

Unless skins start to show composer on the music player or songs node (info labels make that possible, but I guess not every user wants to see composer every time, so a skin design question) then having the composer in the artist tag remains useful as it gets displayed. This is historically why I put compser in both artist and album artist tags, so it was displayed on the album list and while a song played. Another approach to that was to include composer in the song title, but some titles are way too long already and datawise that felt naff to me.

Quote:I am finding working with "composer" to be an issue. I think the only way to get a grouping or filter for classical composers is by getting the strGenres field set in the artist db table. That is a tedious process.

Save your efforts artist genre is not going to help!!! The scraped genre field in the artist table is only ever used for display, never filtering. Kodi implicitly uses song genre even in artists playlists, a rule of genre=classical will find those artists with songs that have the genre "classical".

Assuming that you have tagged songs with a genre of classical then the following folder type node will show just those composers regardless of the system settings for displaying all song artist.
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="13" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Role, Composer)">
    <label>Classical Composers All</label>
    <path>musicdb://artists/?role=Composer&genre=Classical&albumartistsonly=false</path>
</node>

Tempting to make that a standard node... then again not every user has classical music. Equally that approach could get hip-hop DJ Mixers, Jazz Lyricists or Funk Guitarists etc. (if the music files are tagged with that data)

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by DaveBlake - 2016-05-31, 09:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1