Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide
I have one thing that greatly improved the quality of my library. I have artists that I have in separate folders but they also appear on compilations (charts, soundtracks etc.). In my artists folder I have fanart, folder and logo files. When I let kodi scan and scrape my music source I often found that for some artist the fanart and folder from my folders was not used but other pictures from online sources.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, because this might have changed at some point in kodi releases (for the better). Kodi scans the folders from a-z starting at a, then b, then c etc. Since I have compilations when the letter c is reached it scans the "compilations" folders and scrapes the artists. Artist after that (Duran Duran for example) were NOT scraped again when their folder was reached if that artist was part of a compilation inside the compilations folder. Therefore the local artwork was not used. In Kodi logic the artist is already in the library as the artist was in the compilations folder.

Therefore I named my compilations folder "zzzzz compilations" and "zzzzz soundtracks" and so on. Now they are the last folders that are scanned and my local artwork is taken just the way I want it.

Messages In This Thread
Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide - by zag - 2016-05-21, 09:49
RE: Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide - by zag - 2016-05-21, 10:01
RE: Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide - by zag - 2016-05-21, 16:01
RE: Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide - by DarkHelmet - 2016-05-21, 17:00
RE: Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide - by bry - 2016-05-21, 18:22
RE: Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide - by zag - 2016-05-22, 10:51
RE: Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide - by zag - 2016-05-23, 09:53
RE: Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide - by zag - 2016-09-12, 10:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Music "Best Practice" Guide2