Req Animated GIF playback in pictures
Good morning KODI-Community

I have been using kodi(or xbmc) for most of my passive media consumption for a while now and appart from some os and hardware issues have not had any rela problems with it.

However it allways lacked one feature that I was missing and that was GIF playback. GIF playback itselfe is obviously implemented since I can set animated backgrounds and such. But when I look at a GIF in the pictures section it just shows the first frame and does not animate. I understand the main focus of this program is Video so I can somewhat understand that they are neglecting the pictures section. I still would like this feature and I hope somebody can help me with that. I have had succes in skin-modding to get some features I want, so maybe this can be done in a similar fashion? Does anybody know how to get this feature or if it is planned?

In the worst case I may just download the source and try hacking it in myself but I would like to avoid that if possible.

The only other information regarding the actual playback of GIFs is from 2012 and has not been solved.

Messages In This Thread
Animated GIF playback in pictures - by chestwood96 - 2016-05-25, 09:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated GIF playback in pictures0