Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering
(2018-07-01, 05:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-07-01, 05:26)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Unless I have misunderstood your above method for getting the order you created to work?
I think you have.

My aim was to prove that you can create whatever sort you want. I used Canonical Order in my example. So if you are looking for Release Order, why don't you just sort on (Year)? (which I just tested using the sort order in the left sideblade menu and it works ok as expected) Or am I misunderstanding something?

I no longer understand what solution you are looking for.

Anyway I'll leave you with it. Probably not a lot more I can add to what I have already shown. Smile 
 Sorting by year only partially works. Problems begin when multiple movies have the same release year because then the default sub-sort method is full alphabetical. So in 2011 Captain America: The First Avenger comes in a year sorted list before Thor, even though Thor was reased first.

This year it's worse because the 3 MCU films released will appear in this sort method in reverse order.

Ant-Man and The Wasp (July 6, 2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (April 27, 2018)
Black Panther (Feb 16, 2018)

If I create a Smart Playlist and put the movies in the order I want (release) Kodi seems to lack the ability to read that playlist order and present it properly the way an ipod will show you the order you put songs into your music playlist. I've searched for an explanation and/or correction to this but haven't been able to find one.

If there's a method to set an order within a movie set then I can utilize that to my purpose for not just the MCU films but for a number of other sets. It would be, IMO, a good universal item that can benefit anyone who uses Kodi. That why I'd like to hope it can be implemented. Maybe someday.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering - by K0D1User1138 - 2018-07-01, 06:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering0