Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering
Your "preference" for changing the function of sorttitle to suit only your very specific and narrow view would not be beneficial and win-win for all. You need to understand how sorttitle works and why it is there on a global scale.

What you want is a parameter within the movieset string to allow for a specified sort order that applies directly to that specific movie set. All your examples require additional work and knowledge above and beyond what sorttitle currently is used for and implemented. I use sorttitle for a variety of reasons and methods and I have never had a guest complain they couldn't find a movie in an in-proper location because of how the title is written. The MCU phase ordering isuse I had has been resolved and thus resolved a number of other sorting issues I was hoping to fix.

To address what the OP of this thread wanted may be achieved with a new movieset sort parameter but would ultimately be fixed if Kodi read smart playlists in proper sequence order like how iTunes reads, displays and plays back a music playlist. The first movie in the list is the first movie listed. Second is second and so on. Right now Kodi glitches and just presents the list in a random order if set to "playlist" sortorder. It's a bug I've been reading about that's been around for awhile.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering - by K0D1User1138 - 2018-07-02, 18:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering0