adblink 6.0 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
(2017-06-19, 21:50)mechaaztlan Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 15:02)jocala Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 12:31)mechaaztlan Wrote: Having this frustrating problem with one particular Firestick. I've setup kodi now I'm trying to push some zip files but whenever I bring up file manager I either get nothing (empty) panels or they say [-] Unkown username or uid.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

I've used the same process on my other two kodi sticks and everything worked for those, so I must be missing something.

I doubt you're doing anything wrong. I've seen blank panels in one case, a rooted device with a non-standard su...installing superSu fixed that. Is there anything about this firestick that's different from the others?

I don't think there's anything different. I did a factory reset on it and it gives me the same issue. I may have tried to root it once? I'm pretty sure it couldn't be rooted because of it's firmware. Could there be some left over junk on there that would survive a factory reset?

That's possible. A factory reset doesn't nuke everything. You can try to using the adb shell button then at the $ prompt paste the command:
Code:
/data/local/tmp/adblink/which su

This will show you if there's an su binary on the stick.

The upcoming version has the ability to turn off root detection, hoping for a mid-July release.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.

Messages In This Thread
RE: adbLink 3.3: Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi - by jocala - 2017-06-19, 22:51
adbLink v 3.6 released - by jocala - 2018-02-28, 22:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adblink 6.0 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi2