Help with File/Location-based Smart Playlist
I have been trying to create a Kodi Smart Playlist based on a folder location on my NAS.

I have my entire NAS music library (“My Music”) imported into Kodi’s Library.

My NAS folder structure is to have top-level, general-category folders such as “Rock,” "Jazz,” and “Classical” within which are then Artist sub-folders that are then further organized by Album.

I have been trying to create Smart Playlists based on my top-level, general-category folders, such as the “Rock” folder as seen here:

However when I try to play this Playlist, it plays music from my entire “My Music” collection, which is the same set of music as my entire Kodi Library.

I’m not sure if the Smart Playlist is incorrectly misinterpreting the “Path - Is” argument, or if it’s actually ignoring that Smart Playlist criterion entirely and for some reason just plays from my entire Kodi Music Library.

I have tried both the “Path – is” and “Virtual Folder – is” options:

Also, do I choose “Songs,” “Artists,” “Albums,” or “Mixed” as the Type? I’ve tried them all with the same result: instead of just playing music from the desired “Rock” (sub)folder, the entire contents of my Kodi Library are played.

HELP!?

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance anyone has.

Messages In This Thread
Help with File/Location-based Smart Playlist - by robrocke - 2016-06-03, 02:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with File/Location-based Smart Playlist0