WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
The stock build on my Hub was 2016-06-13. Dual-boot doesn't work with this.

The build @wrxtasy shared is 2016-06-21.

The build @CT shared is 2016-06-24. Figured I may as well install this latest. After install, rebooted and had to press 'Power' button multiple times in succession to boot into the LibreELEC build @wrxtasy shared on previous page. WeTek guys, I'd either fix this so it's just a single press, or revise verbiage on initial screen that multiple presses are required. Also, the included WeTek remote doesn't function with LibreELEC... plugged in my Logitech K400 keyboard.

Now, for the good part... 23.976 is output properly as on the Android OS side, and all HD audio formats bitstream well. Tested DTS:HRA/MA/X and DDTonguelus/TrueHD/ATMOS. Also, 5.1 AAC and FLAC pass fine as full multichannel, as do LPCM 5.1 and 7.1.

Didn't notice any real performance bump in LibreELEC, maybe except for 200Mbps Jellyfish bitrate clip now playing fine (vs. 180Mbps max w/Android), after initial pre-buffering. VC-1 29.970 for example played about the same, with slight judder as w/Android.

@wrxtasy, 3D MVC MKV didn't play well. Initially, my projector switched to 3D mode, sensing a proper 3D signal, but then it went out of 3D mode and the picture was blank. When I pressed the 'Enter' key on my K400, I could see it was in SBS mode. 3D ISO just played in 2D mode. Honestly, I'd stop worrying about 3D MVC for AML S905... looks like S905X/S912 may finally support it properly, if Xiaomi's Mi Box specs are to be believed.

Updated review on p.5.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by hdmkv - 2016-06-30, 02:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3