v17 [solved]Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long
The log shows lots of errors
Code:
CArchive::streamin_bufferwrap: can't stream in: requested 4 bytes, was read 0 bytes

Sorry, I've no idea what that is about but let's explore a bit.

Is playlist access always slow, or just the first time after installing? If you run Kodi without any playlist access does the log show any of these errors. I just want to confrm it is playlist access that triggers the error not some other thread. Have you tried v17 a1? Does it have same issue?

Edit:
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the playlists being in an archive created by Jarvis, and then causing errors when trying to read them from archive in Krypton. The playlists themselves are fine between versions, but the archive formats differ. Kodi caches things that take a long time to display, and as you have lots of playlists possibly it cached them. I'm guessing that v17 is picking up an old cache and getting indigestion trying to read it, before reading the playlists a fresh.

Just a theory, I suggest clearing out the cache and seeing if the problem goes away.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long - by DaveBlake - 2016-07-06, 09:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved]Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long0