Update OSD properties after starting stream playback
(2016-08-13, 06:22)jonathan.holvey Wrote: Hi,

I'm writing an internet radio plugin for Kodi which allows me to specify custom streams, artwork and metadata and present them nicely in Kodi's native interface.

So far I've used xbmcplugin.AddDirectoryItem() to create a list of radio streams in Kodi from sources listed in an xml file. The streams show up correctly, with the artwork and information I've specified.

My next aim is to scrape the current artist and track information from the radio station's website, and update the OSD in Kodi to match. Getting the data should be pretty straightforward, but I don't know where to start with feeding it to Kodi. Is there a method for updating the OSD during playback, or will I need to take more control of the way the stream is played in order to achieve this?

My addon can be found over at GitHub, for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jon

Hello Jonathan,

How are you?
I found your addon searching the web for a way to add radio station streams. I'm successfully running it on my good'ol Apple TV One but the stream keeps crashing.
Is there any way to increase the cache size for the audio stream? Every tip i search on the net is for increasing video cache size.
I'm trying to repurpose my old apple tv as a movie box when i'm on the mountains lodge and accessing radio stations on the net is a plus.

Thanks for the help buddy

Zeh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update OSD properties after starting stream playback - by Zeh_TV - 2020-03-13, 23:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update OSD properties after starting stream playback0