Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
@crono141 Your idea of creating a temporary file with AEL's categoryID, launcherID and romID and then using autoexec.py is a really good one! I will maybe modify my script to include it. Also, have a look at this post in the Gamestarter addon that describes the latest AEL development. I think I could add your script for RetroPie to the AEL asset library including the launching scripts to simplify the configuration.

@everyone Let me summarise the current status of 0.9.7:

1) More or less AEL is ready for a 0.9.7 release, as you can see in the changelog. Currently I have to make sure the scrapers in the ROM scanner use cached contents which I estimate about 8 hours of coding. Also, the feature of creating Parent/Clone groups using the filenames of the ROMs have proven challeging because currently the No-Intro/Redump audit code is coupled with the Parent/Clone group generation. I think I will move that feature for 0.9.8 to not delay the release of 0.9.7.

Note that AEL 0.9.7 will require Kodi Krypton and up (Jarvis is not supported any more).

2) This and next week I'm going to be really busy with real life, but I will have a free-time window over the last week of September. I will try to make a release of 0.9.7-beta1 around then.

3) With the addition of the new XML configurations and wrapper scripts to use AEL in LibreELEC and RetroPie distributions I may have to think on a new layout for the AEL asset library. For example, configurations for SEGA now look like this (example from Launchers - SEGA directory):

Code:
Mega Drive - Fusion (Windows).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux wrapper).xml

The artwork and the XML configurations are on the same directory. However, if I include more configurations like this:

Code:
Mega Drive - Fusion (Windows).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux wrapper).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux wrapper Retropie).xml
Mega Drive - Retroarch (Linux wrapper LibreELEC).xml

We can end with a lot of XML files on the same folder which can be confusing for some people! Maybe the configurations can be separated for each platform:

Code:
./Launchers artwork SEGA/ -> has artwork and metadata NFO files for SEGA platform
./Launchers XML Linux/ -> has XML configurations for standard Linux (all platforms in one directory)
./Launchers XML Linux wrapper/ -> has XML configurations for standard Linux (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)
./Launchers XML Linux RetroPie/ -> has XML configurations for RetroPie (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)
./Launchers XML Linux LibreELEC/ -> has XML configurations for LibreELEC (using a wrapper script to close/open Kodi)
./Launchers XML Windows/ -> has XML configurations for Windows
./Launchers XML Android/ -> has XML configurations for Android

What do you (everybody) think?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-09-12, 14:40
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12