Trying to create custom menu item in Transparency...
Hi guys.

I'm trying to add one more custom menu item in Kodi with the Transperency skin. You see, I'm trying to keep my anime stuff outside of my normal TV shows and movies, so to that end, I have a bunch of smart playlists. Transparency includes three custom menu options, but this is where I run into a problem.

The stock movies and TV shows will show ALL your movies and TV shows, which means I need to remove them and use two custom menus with smart playlists that exclude my anime. So that's two of the custom menus taken up. Then I need to create the anime menu. Since Kodi doesn't allow you to show both movies and TV shows together in the one smart playlist, that means I'll need two separate menus, one for anime movies and one for anime series. That means I need two more custom menus, which is one too many for what Transparency supports.

Clearly, I'll need to edit the Includes_Home.xml file to add in my fourth custom menu. I've already tried this, and I don't know if all the guides I've found on this topic are badly out of date or something, but nothing has worked! I can't get a single sign from Kodi that I've edited the main menu, not even something like a broken menu! It looks exactly as it did before!

Here's a sample of my edit (I'm using the horizontal menu):

<include name="HomeVideosButton">
<item id="1">
<label>3</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Videos_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>
</include>
<item id="2">
<label>Anime Movies</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/animemovies.xsp", return)</onclick>
<icon>/Pictures/Kodi Backgrounds/Anime/</icon>
</item>
<include name="HomeTVShowsButton">
<item id="3">
<label>20343</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,tvshowtitles,return)</onclick>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Home_TVShows_Fanart_Background)">home-tvshows-background</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(Home_TVShows_Fanart_Background)">home-tvshows-background-fanart</include>
</item>
</include>
<include name="HomeMusicVideosButton">
<item id="4">
<label>20389</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,musicvideotitles,return)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/musicvideos.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_MusicVideos_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>
</include>

As you can see, I'm trying to replace the stock item 2 with a menu called "Anime Movies" and have it play my "animemovies" smart playlist when clicked. It should also display the fanart from my "anime" folder. As I said before, Kodi acts like it has no clue that I've edited the main menu. I feel like I could erase have the code and it would still look exactly the same!

Any clue as to how to solve this?

Messages In This Thread
Trying to create custom menu item in Transparency... - by fireaza - 2016-09-05, 06:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to create custom menu item in Transparency...0