PVR addon doesn't load if TV backend server is unreachable
Hello,

I run MediaPortal TVServer backend on a server and access it with various clients around the house. In my set up the clients often use Kodi to watch movies or do things besides watching TV, so when the TV server is not needed it goes to sleep.
I've noticed with all Kodi 17 versions that when I launch Kodi and the TV server is asleep after about 30 seconds I get an error message telling me the PVR addon couldn't be loaded. I'm sure this is because the TV server is unreachable at that time (owing to it being asleep) - but this behaviour is problematic because I don't want to have to wake the TV server up just to load Kodi on a client PC without this error, that's not energy efficient. Also once this error has occured I cannot subsequently wake the TV server and access it from the client until I restart the client. Is there a setting I can change where it doesn't need to check if the server is reachable, the addon just loads as normal like in version 16?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
PVR addon doesn't load if TV backend server is unreachable - by lokum - 2016-11-04, 14:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR addon doesn't load if TV backend server is unreachable1