Need to automatically play radio station on startup
Hello,

I want to set up an internet radio station that will only broadcast locally to several buildings on our campus network. To receive a stream from that station in each building, I am looking for a device that I can configure so that when it is restarted it will automatically begin playing this local station. This is the one-and-only-one thing it has to do, and the plan is to run it without a monitor (headless).

I have found a box called the AKASO HM8 that runs Kodi v17. It's cheap and looks promising (link here: AKASO HM8)

Does anyone know if I'll be able to configure Kodi to automatically open a radio station on startup, repeatedly and forever? I am aware of autoexec.py, HOWEVER, the above device just boots and runs Kodi, so I can't use the command line on this device to copy a file. I would need to be able to modify autoexec.py from within Kodi, or tell Kodi to read or copy a file from an external card. Does anyone know if Kodi has these last two functions? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks and best regards,
Josh

Messages In This Thread
Need to automatically play radio station on startup - by JPH108 - 2016-11-26, 04:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need to automatically play radio station on startup0