v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-05-06, 01:36)anand_patel18 Wrote:  Thanks for response. 

In terms of the rendering chain, what has been implemented for necessary requirements for HDR. Kodi (18 Yes) to ffmpeg (yes? no?) to mesa drivers (yes? no?) and kernel (no).

Thanks that's good to know about AMlogic. So they dont actually do true HDR, isn't that a bit misleading on all the threads that recommend it? Is there a source I can read more about AMLogic converting 8bit-to-10bit conversion. 

My intel setup is currently perfect except HDR and auto switching, when going from 1080p in UI to 2160p Video back to 1080p in UI, the video signal is lost and have to unplug HDMI in and out to get picture back. Hopefully that is fixed in LE9.

Your first question: Not my part of the ship, really. It's been mentioned several times on this forum that Linux doesn't support HDR. I'm not sure when it will. It also depends on the hardware, as pre-Apollo Lake hardware isn't capable of HDR, and there continue to be question marks about Apollo Lake and even later hardware.

I suspect most of the threads punting AMLogic as supporting HDR aren't aware of how AMLogic currently does it (and have done it badly). Sure, it looks better (or at least different) than SDR, but it's not true HDR. You'll need to find an AMLogic developer that is knee deep in the AMLogic kernel, I'd suggest looking at what OSMC are doing or asking on their forum as they're trying to do it right but it's a work-in-progress (@Sam.Nazarko if you want to chip in here, feel free!)

Your Intel bug: I don't know if it will be fixed in LE9, you might need a mainline kernel which isn't currently targeted for use in LE9.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2018-05-06, 02:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24