v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-09-07, 13:08)Milhouse Wrote: Funnily enough I'd been looking at this same crash-on-exit last Sunday.
Excellent.

Quote:Without debug logging enabled and without nfs:// sources, there are no crashes on exit with a Generic build.
I am testing with network disabled to keep the system environment as simple as possible. There are no additional plugins installed or enabled.

And always had debug logging enabled. After a few tests I can confirm there are no crashes without debug logging.

The GUIFontManager crash is not the only one I see, sometimes there are "corrupted double linked list" errors somewhere else (but unfortunately I did not save any logs). Furthermore In very rare cases kodi exits without crash.

Quote:#0201: CNfsConnection crash
#0210: CNfsConnection crash
#0301: CNfsConnection crash
#0401: CNfsConnection crash
#0501: CNfsConnection crash
#0601: CNfsConnection crash
#0611: CNfsConnection crash
#0612 - #0825: No crash
#0826 - #0906: GUIFontManager/CNfsConnection crash
I am getting different results. Just tested #0612, #0810 and #0825, all three do crash.

Quote:#0612 saw the introduction of "Reusepython" (PR13814), while #0826 introduced "PythonInvoker: fix thread termination check" (PR14356).

If I revert PR14356 from #0906 then the crashing - both GUIFontManager and CNfsConnection - no longer occurs.
Is the version available for download?

Quote:I suppose it might be possible for the GUIFontManager crash to occur in the #0210 build but I didn't see this myself - it might depend on other factors such as installed addons, considering it is potentially a Python-related issue.

So it looks like the Python language interpreter is responsible in some way for the current crashes on exit - at least on Generic anyway, as the RPi2 crashes continue even after reverting PR14356 so they're due to something else, maybe a use-after-free/race condition.
According to my tests I'm afraid reverting PR14356 does not solve the problem on Generic. I agree with you it is likely a memory corruption after use-after-free.

Quote:I did try creating a Generic debug-enabled build to obtain a more detailed crash log, but building with debug changes the behaviour of kodi.bin so that it now crashes in a different place (http://ix.io/1m9Q) regardless of debug overlay status. I am also yet to reproduce any crash with Ubuntu but this may be because of the debug-build nature of the Ubuntu build, and/or combination of add-ons affecting the way in which the Python language interpreter and Kodi is shutting down. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by mglae - 2018-09-07, 23:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24