User playlists in Web interface or third-party app
Is there a way to access user playlists via the Chorus2 (or any other) web interface, or via any Kodi external app?

I've played with Chorus2 and various apps, and I can't figure out how to access a user-defined playlist (other than Party mode). In Chorus2 or any of these apps, their "playlists" simply refer to what's playing, and while they allow me to create/save a local playlist, there doesn't appear to be any way to access the playlists on the Kodi server (especially the smart playlists). At first I thought it might be a limitation of Chorus, but after having tried a half-dozen third-party Kodi apps, none of them seem to let me do that either. Also, I took a quick look through the Kodi JSON API and it appears that it doesn't have functions to access these user-playlists.

This is a huge problem for me because I intend to use primarily web interfaces (on tablets around the house) to control a central Kodi media server. Ideally, I'd like to access/play my user-defined "smart" playlists in Kodi. But if this is really not possible, I'd settle for some workarounds too. But I really need to do be able to do something simple via an app/a web interface, like:

1. Play one particular genre
2. Add everything in another genre to the "now playing" list

Is this even possible? Chorus2 lets me add a filter to see everything within one or more genres, but I don't see a way for me to just play them all? Am I missing something fundamental here?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
User playlists in Web interface or third-party app - by zzazzles - 2016-12-05, 08:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User playlists in Web interface or third-party app0