v16 Music Database - Disc Sets and problems with dsf files
I have edited the thread title to make it relate to the topics.

DSF Files
Having dsf test files revealed a problem with playback using DirectSound (on Windows). This has been fixed, but won't be available until v17 RC2 as it just missed the release window. The tags read by the ffmpeg loader have also been extended, again I hope this will be included in RC2. It includes processing the album artist tag, along with genre, year etc. which was not being loaded before and partly why your album was appearing in the library as a compilation.

However there is a limitation in ffmpeg that while reading ID3v2 tags it only handles single frame values. If you have added v2.4 multiple fame tags then Kodi only sees the first value. So with your example files only "Teresa berganza" would be returned as the artist. This means that like the v2.3 tag standard you will need to enter multiple artists, album artists, genres etc. using a single value with an item separator ( " / " by default) to indicate the individual artists, album artists, genres etc.
e.g. artist = "Teresa Berganza / L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande / Ernest Ansermet"

Disc Sets
Could you list an example, just some sample track tagging, for a disc set where the albums are listed separately. I would assume it is because unlike the Mozart example they do not have the same album title and abum artist and so the behaviour is expected, but nice to know for sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Database - Disc Sets and problems with dsf files - by DaveBlake - 2016-12-30, 13:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Database - Disc Sets and problems with dsf files0