Android Egreat A5 & A10 w/HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 (3D / 4K / HD Audio)
As VidOn, a former 'renegade' Kodi fork developer with VidOn XBMC, has seemingly complied with GPL, and a Kodi member was able to compile a Pro version from it, I'm starting this thread to discuss Egreat's new A5 and A10 media players. They rely on VidOn.

Thanks to @pcristi and Egreat for sending me an A5 sample to test and review. The A5 and A10 leverage HiSilicon's Hi3798C V200 SoC, the same SoC inside HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro. But, unlike HiMedia, Egreat has opted to partner with VidOn and included the full, Pro (activated) version version of VidOn XBMC (Kodi 16.1 fork). You have the option to use the native media center as well, and play videos with the native media player, but this jukebox solution pales in comparison to Kodi of course (just IMHO).

These players are a little pricey:
- A5 is $209
- A10 is $299 (w/internal HDD capability)

Here are my initial impressions after just a couple of hours of testing an A5 (not enough, and need to test more)...

MOD EDIT: VidOn XBMC GPL infringing Software test results removed due to ongoing Legal issues.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
Egreat A5 & A10 w/HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 (3D / 4K / HD Audio) - by hdmkv - 2017-01-05, 00:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Egreat A5 & A10 w/HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 (3D / 4K / HD Audio)1