Music and Music Video's - Shared Artwork?
Kodi needs a rework for music videos in v18.

Currently (from what I've seen) the music video artist image only comes from a matching audio library artist image (if there is one). The music video poster (cover art) comes from the folder.jpg in the music video folder.

An easy fix for us in Jarvis and Krypton would be to allow Kodi to 'see' an artist image in the music video folder (e.g artist.jpg). Then we can just create an artist.jpg into our concert folders and things would improve somewhat. This only works if the music video folder contains videos for a single artist, which is ok for almost all music concerts but not if you have individual music videos from multiple artist.

But the real issue is that currently Kodi stores music videos in a flat format (basically a single table) and Kodi doesn't have a method (JSNRPC) to easily return a list of 'Releases' (aka Albums in audio - in music videos this is often a 'Concert'). Currently Kodi uses an 'Album' tag to group music videos into 'Releases'

There needs to be a redesign for v18. Too late for Krypton unless Dave can add the 'artist.jpg' recognition to it at this late stage (I doubt it). At least then the Kodi music views can display artist images for all music videos.

1. Currently I think the Audio artist tag name must match the music video nfo artist name for Kodi to show the artist thumbnail (audio artist's folder 'folder.jpg'). If you have no audio for the music video artist there is no artist image to display in Kodi. I say this because I'm sure my AC/DC music videos show bu audio artist thumbnails.

2. Yes

3. I'd prefer to find another solution as I have about 6 or 7TB of music (audio and music video) across multiple drives broken into different parent folder based on music type (Classical, Multichannel, Stereo and Music Video for me)

Edit: You can currently only set a source as one source type (i.e. Music, Music Video) so that would probably be a major change in Kodi if 'Music' were to handle both audio and video (but not impossible). That might be the best solution moving forward...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music and Music Video's - Shared Artwork? - by HomerJau - 2017-01-12, 08:57

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music and Music Video's - Shared Artwork?0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.