Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
(2017-06-05, 01:10)Bmn2016 Wrote: Thanks for the update! I especially appreciate the options to set the artwork paths and add favorites inside AML 0.9.3.

I have a bug to report: Galaga doesn't show up inside AML under "Machines with coin slot" or any of the Category views.
However, it is found under the "Machines by Driver" view in galaga.cpp where it is named "None".

I'm running Kodi 17.3, MAME 0.186 64-bit, and Windows 10 64-bit.
My debug log is here: https://pastebin.com/kSEh67rD

Thanks for the continued support of this great add-on.

Hi Bmn2016, thanks for your support.

Make sure you extract the MAME XML for 0.186, rebuild the databases and scan ROMs/assets again. Also, you can always check the version of the database in context menu "View", "View database information". In the "Database information and statistics" window "MAME version" is the version of the extracted MAME XML that AML is currently using. MAME 0.185 had some bugs: many well known games, for example Metal Slug 4 (mslug4) had incorrect description "None". There were shown under "Machines with coin slot" filter with name "None". You can check the raw database information for any machine with the context menu "View", "View MAME machine data".

Do not make huge lists of Favourite machine or SL yet: keep in mind the Favourite database format has not been fixed yet and maybe you will have to wipe out everything when updating to 0.9.4.

Also, the ROM/CHD scanner is not perfect yet. Some games that have ROMs will be reported as missing and vice versa. I'm working on solving that. Some of the options in the "Display" tab of the addon settings do not work yet. For 0.9.4 I will incorporate history.dat and mameinfo.dat (I believe you suggested that feature some time ago...) but I'm thinking about how to do it efficiently. Also, I you think of a feature that could be useful let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-06-05, 10:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2