Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
(2020-01-31, 02:26)Rychem28 Wrote: @Wintermute0110 as per your edit. I had made generating the history label dependent on if this was selected under selectable menu (info, history, or info and history). Selecting info and history or history created a "history" category in the MAME_asset json, selecting info creates a blank "history" entry. Fully built it is about 55 MB, and there is a little delay when loading AML plugin.

For me the delay is okay, but I do agree it may not be for everyone and a slow down of the plugin will be undesirable for most users. Don't feel that you need to code and test, I am trying to use the plugin in a very particular way and am looking at certain information to be displayed.

As for my post above, I was more asking if you could look at the changes I made on the fork I created and comment if I am on the right track from a coding perspective.

Cheers.

Yes, you are on the right track. In order to do what you want:

1) First change the functions fs_new_*() in disk_IO.py to change the database model.

2) Next change the mame_build_*() functions in mame.py to add the new information into the database.

3) Finally change the rendering function in main.py

I have some spare time now, I will do the implementation myself. If the option is off the asset database will increase only by a few KBs (the space needed by the empty history field) so it won't hurt much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2020-01-31, 07:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2