Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-16, 19:14)hdmkv Wrote: I love the new game controller (lightweight, very responsive), but don't care for the new remote (cheap feel to it, needs direct line of sight). I initially had the Shield mounted behind the TV, and the remote didn't work well. Moved Shield under the TV on a shelf and works fine. Wondering if remote is IR; thought only the Pro version is supposed to have IR?

Also, how do you enable the always on mic on the controller? Works fine if I press the nVidia button, but not seeing the icon in the launcher as shown in CES demos (see pic below). I have the latest f/w.

BTW, if anyone's interested, you can get the Shield for $174.99 w/$25 off at Best Buy using VISA Checkout... see this.

Although I do not mind the feel of it. I am having an issue with the remote as well. I have the shield and my receiver in the closet near my theater room. With the firetv remote I have no issue using its remote without being line of site. Unfortunately the shield remote does have a slight issue. I have to press a button a couple of times for it to respond. Almost like it disconnects and then reconnects before you can use it. It is annoying and it might be a deal breaker for me in this specific room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by NEXTLEVEL5 - 2017-01-16, 21:40
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188