Linux Python error when running "Clean Library"
So I recently moved around a bunch of my video files from one HDD to another. After scanning the new ones, I wanted to get rid of the now deprecated old entries altogether. So I ran "Clean Library" under Media Settings.
What then happens is Kodi more or less freezes a couple of seconds into the process, while the syslog is being hammered with gigabytes of log data, until the disk runs out of space, with just these messages:

Code:
compiz[2346]: extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_status() called, but @ffi.def_extern() was not called in the current subinterpreter.  Returning 0.
compiz[2346]: extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_bytes() called, but @ffi.def_extern() was not called in the current subinterpreter.  Returning 0.
compiz[2346]: extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_bytes() called, but @ffi.def_extern() was not called in the current subinterpreter.  Returning 0.
compiz[2346]: extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_status() called, but @ffi.def_extern() was not called in the current subinterpreter.  Returning 0.

Apparently this is not exclusive to my use case, see this thread for reference

Ubuntu 16.10.
Kodi 17 RC3

Messages In This Thread
Python error when running "Clean Library" - by m33e - 2017-01-18, 17:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python error when running "Clean Library"1