Raspberry Pi - Kodi - Headless library setup
Hello

I just bought Raspberry Pi 3, installed Raspbian on it thanks to SSH and after that Kodi.
My goal is to use this tiny device as a music player based on KODI cuz I've tried already volumio and even doe I liked it, it has poor application to control. I mean the offcial application cause many problems and it's hard to setup, also it hasn't got feature like widgets which I really want to have on my phone.

So, Kodi has everything what I want, but for now I've got a little problem with my library. I know it's easy to configure Kodi if you have acces to TV through HDMI, but for a while I can connect to my RPi only via ssh by terminal console, using remote desktop or web interface. I've tried all of this options but coudn't add my music to the library. I'm new to the Linux/Kodi things so doing anything through console is pretty hard, I've tried to instal X11VNC servers to have remote access to my desktop and it's nice cuz I can open browswer, edit files but for uknown reason when I open Kodi there is no any GUI on the dekstop it remains the same. I mean that in task manager I can see that process is running but nothing happening on the screen (it's like running in background). So I've tried to manually edit sources.xml file. I want to add media from my USB HDD which is connected to the RPi 3 all the time and it's main and only source. I did something like this in sources.xml file but still no effect.

Quote: <sources>
<music>
<default>Main Music Collection</default>
<source>
<name>Main Music Collection</name>
<path>/media/pi/Seagate Expansion Drive/Music/</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>
</music>
</sources>

And also I enabled all options in guisettings to turn on web interface but still can't add any files to the library. Look at the picture:

Is there any possible solutions to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Raspberry Pi - Kodi - Headless library setup - by myniu - 2017-02-03, 15:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi - Kodi - Headless library setup0