Intel NUC - Kaby Lake (7th Generation CPU)
(2018-02-01, 00:16)Nix Booter Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 05:25)Guilouz Wrote: Does anyone have a NUC7i7BNH and told me if it's working ?

I use latest Milhouse Generic builds and it's impossible to have DTS-HD/True-HD or Dolby Digital Plus in passthrough, I have no sound, my AVR does not receive any channel. OK with DTS and Dolby Digital.

Before install LibreELEC, I have installed a Windows build and updated BIOS to latest and HDMI 2.0 Firmware to 1.72.

I have also a NUC5i5RYH and all is fine with it.

Yes, I have that exact NUC with windows 10 creators edition update running Kodi 17.6 and DTS-HD and all other audio formats are able to passthrough to my Marantz AV7702 for proper decode.  It was a real PIA to figure out how to get the NUC to bitstream properly.  I'll have to look at the settings when I get home and post a follow-up.  Hang in there, it does work!

I should note that my setup is a bit unorthodox.  Nuc hdmi out goes to an Oppo-203 hdmi input for video upscaling and audio is output from the Oppo's hdmi ARC to the Marantz.  This was done to leverage the Oppos excellent upscaling and because the Matantz AV7702 is not hdmi 2.0 or hdcp compliant and will not passthrough native 4K HDR.  
 I have issue with LibreELEC, not on Windows.

With my Denon AVR :
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD High Res, Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus are not working in passthrough. No sound. 

With my Onkyo TX-RZ820 AVR :
- Some DTS-HD MA are working, some have only DTS core but no sound
- DTS-HD High Res not working, only DTS core but no sound
- Dolby True HD working
- Dolby Digital Plus working 

All tested files are working fine with my other NUC NUC5i5RYH.
 Estuary MOD V2 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel NUC - Kaby Lake (7th Generation CPU) - by Guilouz - 2018-02-04, 04:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Kaby Lake (7th Generation CPU)1