Need help with Kodi channelid
I hope you guys can help me with this. I've been trying to figure it out the past few days with no luck.I'm running Kodi 16 on an Chromebox with LibreElec. HDHomerun Prime/CableCard via WMC/ServerWMC. For remote control I'm using Simple Control (Roomie Remote) with an XBMC JSON layout and the EPG that it gets from my cable provider. Things work fine if I choose channels using the directional arrows to navigate to TV>Channels from Kodi Homescreen.However, if I try to select channels from the Simple Control guide (which apparently sends a ".channel.set"command to Kodi using the Provider's channel number) it tunes to the wrong channel because the channel number from the backend isn't the same as Kodi's internal "channelid".If I look at the Kodi TV>Channels screen it looks like they're correct (eg: "1007 TBSHD/1007") but if I check with PVR.GetChannels TBSHD/1007 has a channelid=8.I've tried various permutations of the Channe; Groups, Channel Numbers, Channel Order From Backend settings in Kodi with no luck.Probably overlooking something simple.

So basically what I'd like to do is have the Kodi channelid to be the same as the Cable Channel Number. I really can't understand how the channelid parameter is generated and stored within Kodi.Alternately, I might be able to edit the Simple Control Roomiechannels.plist to change the .Channel.set commands but I'm not sure if those changes would be persistent.

Hope this all makes sense. Thanks in Advance.

Ron k

Messages In This Thread
Need help with Kodi channelid - by ronkmd - 2017-02-11, 21:56
RE: Need help with Kodi channelid - by ronkmd - 2017-02-12, 03:27
RE: Need help with Kodi channelid - by ronkmd - 2017-02-13, 02:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with Kodi channelid0