Problem scanning huge source (mem leak)?
(2017-02-13, 11:47)DaveBlake Wrote: Eating up memory and getting slower to scan an album would seem to be related. Some kind of caching? Is there a step point in number of songs processed when it begins to slow, or is it gradual? Is it the large debug log?

The slowing down is gradual from what I can tell. It starts quite fast, but slows down with each album added. After half an hour it was already from 2-3s to 5-6s.
There's no connection between mem usage and number of songs. Kodi is mostly at same memory usage but suddenly starts eating up quite fast (300MB free ram eaten up in just seconds until kernel throws OOM, out of memory, see journal).

Quote:The log files you sent are very moderate in size, scanning for hours where is the rest?
I've only got kodi.log and kodi.old.log, so cause of several restarts, I've only got the last

Quote:These music files, before being tagged with mbids, loaded into music lib in Jarvis.
As one music source?
Debug off or on?
Picard tagging does add data - musicians, composer etc. so the db will be bigger. But are duplicated albums (same mbids) causing some issue?
With Jarvis I had not tagged with mbids. I did MB tagging prior the switch from 16 to 17.
Yes, the source was read in as one source in Jarvis

Quote:What is calling a query of all unplayed songs on start up?
Estuary skin, try swap to Confluence? An addon? I can't replicate on my system.
Can the timestamp in the MySQL_slow.log be matched to entries in Kodi.log?
I rechecked settings, using xonfluence as skin. There are settings for calculate number of songs and status line which shows statistics, no. of albums, artists, songs
I've deactivated these settings already.
The entry in mysql-slow is from when kodi starts. I'll have a closer look when at home.

What I'm going to do is take a fresh LE 7.95.3 on another SD card and just adapt advancedsettings to use Mysql. Will then try again on a clean base. Have downgraded to 7.95.2 already this morning

~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:At this point I need some more input. @Rusendusen maybe you have answers to at least some of the above questions?

I'll first try to sort out the timeouts. Haven't had them lately and changed innodb settings already.
Second will be to use a clean base and maybe use kodi on my laptop to sort out RPi3 or LE issues
Third, I'll try to fetch as many logs as possible (kodi, journal, mysql) for to compare timestamps throughout different logs

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem scanning source - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-12, 13:00
RE: Problem scanning source - by Uatschitchun - 2017-02-12, 21:51
RE: Problem scanning source (mem leak)? - by Uatschitchun - 2017-02-13, 12:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem scanning huge source (mem leak)?0