[WIP] script.squeezeinfo - shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
I suspect the number of people who will be interested in this will be very few but I thought I'd share anyway...

I have Logitech Media Server/Squeezelite running on my HTPC. It outputs audio via an amp unlike Kodi which is through HDMI to the TV. This means I can play music without my TV on. However, there are times when I'd like to let people know what's playing. I've therefore created this script to give a "Now Playing" type view through Kodi.

I've got a first version running. Here are some screenshots:

1. Minimal now playing

2 Basic playlist control

3. Changing player

4. Notifications

5. Menus

6. Player controls

Video:
https://youtu.be/Eo_NGbQqu4w

To use, you need to set the server settings (IP address and ports) and then run the script.

Pressing 0 displays the playlist.
Pressing 9 displays player menu (access to apps, library search etc.)
Pressing 8 displays player controls
Left and Right to select a squeezeplayer.

If you want to try it, the code is on github: https://github.com/elParaguayo/script.squeezeinfo NB Krypton only

Bugs (and there will be bugs) can be posted here or on the issues page on github.

Please note:
- I work long hours on my job and have a lot going on in my life in the moment so development will happen when I'm ready and able!
- The fonts are dependent on whatever skin you're using so it may look different/ugly. The screenshots are based on Estuary.

There's already an excellent squeezeplayer addon available xsqueeze which is far more functional/comprehensive than mine so I won't be offended if people would rather use that one.

I've enjoyed writing this and if I'm the only one who uses it then that's fine with me!
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] script.squeezeinfo - shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server - by el_Paraguayo - 2017-02-24, 00:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] script.squeezeinfo - shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server1