Bug Strange Sorting of Cuesheet Tracks
Hello everybody,

I don't really know if this is a bug because the behavior was different in older Kodi Versions. But nevertheless the current behavior makes no sense to me.

When there is a folder with more than one mp3 and more than one cue file the following happens on different sortings:

When the sort of the folder is by Name the following happens:
The track names are shown but it is sorted by name which sorts it strangely by the track position in the cue file. Which doesn't make a lot of sense because like this I would listen to the Track with Number 1 from the first file and after that i would listen Track 1 from the second file instead of the second Track of the first file.

Sorted By Album:
If the tracks get sorted by Album it does sort the Tracks by their file but after it sorted by file it sorts by artist name. Therefore again the Tracks are not in the order which they are saved in the cue file and when listening to the Cue file it would jump through the file everytime it switches the track.

Sorted By File:
In this scenario the Tracks are in the right order but since Kodi Krypton the track names and lengths are not shown any more. In Previous Versions of Kodi this was different, Sorting by File did return the same order but the track names and lengths were shown correctly. Is this on purpose?

As shown the sorting on cue files that is implemented at the moment is a bit strange.
I hope someone can change this. Maybe just by showing the track name and length on the sort by file that would be great.

Greetings Gary

Messages In This Thread
Strange Sorting of Cuesheet Tracks - by DerGary1991 - 2017-03-07, 23:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Sorting of Cuesheet Tracks0