Kodi running in the background as a UPNP-DLNA renderer
(2017-03-19, 20:42)HeresJohnny Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 02:16)nickr Wrote: You can't run a renderer in the background, as a renderer has to, well, render to the screen.
I think you're confusing something there... UPnP (media) renderer is an official term.

Exactly, HeresJohnny.
I am testing several renderers running under Windows, but each one has its very peculiar problems:
- WMP is heavy, and won't handle volume control from remote
- Foobar2000 is great, light, and blazing fast when loading, but i doesn't let the remote controller point at the correct in-track position (fine if you just need to play a webradio stream, but not if you have started beethoven's 5th, stopped it upon receiving a phone call, and then have to start from the beginning!)

Kodi is very nice and works great when I launch it manually (I don't like seeing so much memory eaten up, but all the DLNA-UPNP functions are working fine). The problem is, when I try to run it as a scheduled task upon computer start, there's no way I can get it to start DLNA service...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi running in the background as a UPNP-DLNA renderer - by avann - 2017-04-14, 02:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi running in the background as a UPNP-DLNA renderer1