Intel NUC + Logitech Harmony + Flirc on Linux Mint
Hey Guys,

I'm struggeling with my setup and so far couldn't find any help on the internet and in this forum. Would really appreciate some help!

Devices:
- Intel NUC 5PPYH with Linux Mint
- Logitech Harmony (The one with the Wireless base)
- Flirc

The last two years I used another HTPC without an IR receiver.. that's why I bought the Flirc. It all worked, but I had to turn on the HTPC by hand instead of over the Harmony. Now I have replaced the old HTPC and bought the Intel NUC 5PPYH, which has a built in IR receiver.

My main question now is: Which Setup is better? The one with or without the Flirc? Is the control over harmony directly to the NUC faster than over flirc?
I tried to set it up without the Flirc (by adding WINDOWS MCE KEYBOARD to Harmony) but that didn't work (can only start/turn off NUC - no controls).

If I run the new NUC with Flirc, it works fine. I'm also happy with the reaction speed, so I wouldn't mind just keeping it that way. Only thing that does not work is turning it off correctly, because there are two same commands (one from kodi one from harmony). I can't delete the turn off step by harmony in the action and therefore when I close Kodi (which turns off the NUC) the command from harmony turns the NUC back on.

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Sorka

Messages In This Thread
Intel NUC + Logitech Harmony + Flirc on Linux Mint - by Sorka - 2017-03-19, 13:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC + Logitech Harmony + Flirc on Linux Mint0